Take inspiration from the mischievous Delevals' and come up with a hilarious prank-tastic invention!
Come up with invention ideas which create mischief and mayhem that you would like to find in one of the rooms - the ideas can be as fun and bonkers as you want. Like all the best pranks, it should be fun for the person who is surprised or tricked too.
You invention idea will be in for a chance to be being brought to life by professional makers. You could also win a Little Inventors book!
Upload your invention ideas by 17 November 2021
NT Seaton Delaval Hall: Mischief and Mayhem Resource Pack
This pack explains about the fun history of mischief and mayhem at Seaton Delaval Hall, what inventing is and has you all you need to deliver a workshop to get your students inspired and inventing.
Mischief and Mayhem drawing sheet
Create mischief and mayhem with your own fun invention, tell us about it using this drawing sheet.
How to enter!
You can submit more than one invention idea.
Submit invention ideas through our upload page.
- Draw your inventionon our Little Inventors worksheet
- Scan the *whole* sheetas straight on as possible
- Upload it in JPEG, PNG or GIF format (choose a file)
Each invention idea will comprise of an image of a clear drawing, the name, age and location of the inventor, the name of the invention and a description, and a contact email address.
Examples of scanned images
Terms and conditions
- This Challenge is open to all children.
- Any individual may upload as many invention ideas as they wish.
- All entries must be original and the entrant's own work.
- Uploading of an invention drawing should only be done by a responsible adult with appropriate permissions from the inventor and their parent/guardian. Once uploaded, it is in the public domain and visible to anyone who looks at the website to see all the wacky and wonderful ideas.
- Only uploaded invention ideas that meet our threshold for quality will be displayed in the online gallery, this includes the relevant text information about the student and the idea.
- Only ideas from 10 invited schools in the gallery will be considered for making. The judgment on this threshold is entirely at our discretion and we will not enter into any communications about our decision.
- Other inventions submitted to the gallery will be considered to win a Little Inventors book.
- The closing date for submissions is October 29, 2021 at midnight GMT.
- As the creator you will always own the copyright to your invention drawing, and by uploading it you grant MISD and Little Inventors non-exclusive, worldwide and perpetual rights to use, implement, reproduce and commercialise your content. This means we can use it at exhibits, on our website, and it might even feature in one of our books!
- As part of the Mischief and Mayhem challenge we will choose some invention ideas to make real, which is a magnificent part of Little Inventors. It is our decision which inventions will be made real and how many.
- If your invention is chosen, we will be in touch to involve you in the making process so you can guide how your idea is made real. We will cover all costs, and own the object afterwards whereby it may be used in exhibitions or other Little Inventors activities.
- Any activities with the objects made real or their creators are not guaranteed and are liable to change or cancellation at any time, without notice.
- Our purpose is to give children the freedom and inspiration to use their imagination and creativity to come up with fantastic, funny and far-out invention ideas.
- In order to be involved in the Challenge, you must agree to the rules and conditions above. Therefore, please read these carefully twice and make sure you are happy to continue. By uploading an invention drawing you agree to the rules and conditions here stated.